Sick and a Little Lonely

So today is Wednesday. Well, technically Thursday since it is after midnight. I can't sleep. Which has become a common thing for me. Between being pregnant and being sick with a cold, I can't get comfortable or stop coughing for long enough to relax. At least I've got my laptop and late-night television to keep me entertained! I am a little annoyed though. I turned on Lifetime network at 11 to watch Golden Girls, which I do pretty much every night, and it wasn't on! They have been playing Desperate Housewives all week. It's stupid I know, and I have the whole Golden Girls series on dvd, but I am still a little peeved. Thanks for the heads up Lifetime! Wow, I'm sounding a little pathetic.
Which brings us to the Lonely part in my post title. JJ is out of town for work again, and I am a little lonely. But tonight I actually got to see several of my best friends. My wonderful friend Sarah colored my hair for me, AGAIN! I keep changing my mind about my haircolor. Thanks Sarah, for being such a good friend and putting up with my crazy haircolor requests :) It is always nice to just be with girlfriends. Also, two of my best friends from high school stopped by the house to visit tonight, and it made me realize how much I miss having girlfriends around all the time. (Thanks Steph and Melissa! And thanks for the milkshake :) you know how to please a pregnant woman!)
Anyway, I love my husband and my family, but it would be nice to go out by myself with friends once in a while. But then, just like most moms who put themselves at the bottom of the list, I end up feeling guilty for even thinking that I need to leave by myself for a few hours. I know it's not a foreign dilemma to any mom, so I'm making it my new goal to make sure I get a little ME time more often. Whether it's a quiet drive around town, a trip to Target by myself for an hour or an afternoon to go to lunch and a movie with girlfriends, it makes such a difference in my attitude towards my family and gives me much more patience to deal with every little thing at home. And my husband gets a little one-on-one time with our daughter, which is also much-needed for both of them since he works so much. I'll let ya know how it goes, hopefully I can make it happen!
Well anyway, I'm going to watch E! News and listen to everyone rant about the Bachelor (the jerk!!)
'Night.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home