Discouraged

Ok, so potty training is not fun. Not fun at all. I read the book and it made it sound so easy. A few hours of intense training, and the hardest part would be over. However, for the training to be successful the child must be cooperative and engaged. I did everything it said to do, but Olivia is stubborn and just wanted to defy me. We both got so frustrated we eventually had a meltdown. Imagine both of us crying in the hallway, me begging her to sit on the potty. It sounds so pathetic! Ugh! Maybe she's just not ready. I'm sure it's scary for her, but my concern now is that I have scarred her with a bad potty training experience and therefore all future attempts will be doomed. Ok, I'm sure it's not that bad. But it will be tough no matter when we do it. I know she's learned a lot from the training, she knows exactly what to do on the rare occasion that she's willing to try. She just doesn't want to do any of it. I guess we'll have to wait a few days or even weeks and try again.
Anyway, another thing on my to do list is to get more pictures onto the computer. I'll try to do that in the next few days. They are mostly of Olivia of course, but who doesn't want to see more pictures of Olivia?!
Oh, and I just have to tell this cute story really quick. We went out to breakfast the other morning and we were telling the waiter our drink and food orders, and all of the sudden Olivia jumps in with her own order, "Yes, and a juice please! Apple juice. And pancakes. Mickey mouse pancakes! With fruit." We were laughing so hard! She was so proud of herself. What a big girl, she knows what she wants and isn't afraid to say it!
Well that's all for today I think. Liv got up right before 6 this morning. Nap time!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home