Number Two

So right now I'm listening to Olivia watch the Doodlebops for like the 3rd time in a row this morning. I feel like a bad mother for giving into her addiction to this colorful childrens rock band. But she's dancing and singing and running around with them, so at least she's not sitting on the couch being lazy. I think that's a good rationalization.
Anyway, Olivia is doing this new thing where she always complains about something hurting in order to get out of going to bed, or getting dressed or putting her coat on. Her biggest complaint is, "My knee hurts!" Apparently her knee always hurts. Then we end up having this screaming wrestling match just to get her clothes on in the morning. Thankfully this doesn't happen everyday, but when it does it's exhausting. I guess my question is, does her knee really hurt? She says it so much I'm starting to feel guilty for not doing anything and assuming that it's just a stalling tactic. Who knows... hopefully she'll grow out of it soon.
Our next big hurdle is potty training. I'm not excited about it, but it beats the heck out of
changing diapers 5 times a day. My friend Julie recommended a book called Toilet Training in Less Than a Day. I ordered it online like 2 weeks ago and finally got it yesterday. So tomorrow it
begins. She is a smart girl, hopefully she picks it up quickly. My goal was to have her potty trained by the time we head to Arizona for Thanksgiving, in about 2 weeks. Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Is it just me or is this an amazing child? Nope not just me!

November 7, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home